Enjoy the Finnish Taiga Winter together – just the two of you, your guides and the lovely Siberian huskies.
This tour takes you through the beautiful taiga wilderness with only the sounds of the dogs breathing and their paws hitting the snow.
After the first night in a cosy hotel you will learn how to “mush” together with your arctic team of dogs – right out of your hotel! Dogs will lead you to a wilderness cabin where you shall spend the night heating up the sauna, taking care of the dogs and enjoying dinner made out of local ingredients.
Dates: February to April 2014
Group size: 2
Arrive at Kajaani airport, transportation to the Hotel (approx. 1 hour), dinner and accommodation in double room or suite.
After the breakfast you will meet your guide who provides you with warm clothes needed on the tour. You will also get a bag for your personal things such as toiletries. Other luggage you don’t need on the trip and may leave those at the hotel. Now, as you are equipped for the tour, it is time to meet the huskies and learn the basics of mushing – the art of dog sledding.
After the first ten kilometers across a frozen lake it is time to have a lunch break by the fire on a small island. When the lunch is enjoyed, it is time to head to the cabin , the home of the dogs. On this part the trail goes through the taiga forests and open bogs.
In the evening you have time to relax and go through the day on the trail. After the sauna (and possibly a dip into the lake water or rolling in a snow!) it is time to enjoy the dinner made of local ingredients.
After the breakfast you will hitch up the dogs and head on the trail back to the hotel. Like the day before, lunch is enjoyed by the open fire. Back at the hotel it is time to say goodbye for your loyal four-legged co-workers. In the evening relaxing sauna and a dinner.
After the breakfast transportation to Kajaani airport.
Price: 1050€/ person
- Transfers (Kajaani airport – hotel – Kajaani airport)
- Accommodation: 2 nights in double room / suite in hotel
- 1 night in wilderness cabin in double room.
- Full board: 3 dinners, 2 outdoor lunches and 3
- breakfasts. Special diets, like vegetarians and gluten free diets catered for if you let us know in advance.
- Evening saunas
- French and english speaking experienced guide(s) with 2 teams of Siberian Huskies and sledges
- Overalls, boots, hats, gloves, bag for your personal things (to be put in sled)