Please notice that due to the corona pandemic, Finnair will only fly to Kajaani in winter until 24th march 2021. For coming summer 2021, new scheduled flights will be published in early winter 2021. Trains are also available from Helsinki-Airport to Kajaani or Nurmes.
The closest airport is Kajaani Airport, 120 km away from Kuhmo. Transfer is often organised to and from Kajaani.
Flights: Helsinki-Kajaani : Finnair, operated by Norra (Nordic Regional Airlines).
By train: Helsinki-Kajaani (via Kuopio) or Nurmes, travelling time is about 5,5h – 7,5h. Please see the timetables and more information at https://www.vr.fi/en.
By bus: From Kajaani to Lentiira (120 km) or from Kuhmo to Lentiira (43 km). See the timetable at https://www.matkahuolto.fi/passengers
Pratical information for our guests
- Currency: euro, EUR, €
- Time zone: +2 GMT
- Electricity: 220-230 V, 50 Hz, two-pin plug system.
- Tap water is highly qualified in Finland and it is completely drinkable. You can bring a water bottle and fill it every time you need.
- Mosquito repellent is required from end of May to beginning of September. Wearing long sleeves and trousers and a hat or scarf will protect you both from the mosquitoes and the sun.
- Taking a sauna is a long-standing tradition in Finland that you shouldn’t miss during your stay at Taiga Spirit. It refreshed your body and mind.
- Internet/ WiFi: Free access to WiFi, code will be in your room on table.