The closest airport is Kajaani Airport, 120 km away from Kuhmo. Transfer is often organised to and from Kajaani.
By train: Helsinki-Kajaani (via Kuopio) or Nurmes, travelling time is about 5,5h – 7,5h. Please see the timetables and more information at https://www.vr.fi/en.
By bus: From Kajaani to Lentiira (120 km) or from Kuhmo to Lentiira (43 km). See the timetable at https://www.matkahuolto.fi/passengers
Pratical information for our guests
- Currency: euro, EUR, €
- Time zone: +2 GMT
- Electricity: 220-230 V, 50 Hz, two-pin plug system.
- Tap water is highly qualified in Finland and it is completely drinkable. You can bring a water bottle and fill it every time you need.
- Mosquito repellent is required from end of May to beginning of September. Wearing long sleeves and trousers and a hat or scarf will protect you both from the mosquitoes and the sun.
- Taking a sauna is a long-standing tradition in Finland that you shouldn’t miss during your stay at Taiga Spirit. It refreshed your body and mind.
- Internet/ WiFi: Free access to WiFi, code will be in your room on table.